If you love fishing, this is your book.
FISH FINDER is Australia’s most detailed fishing book, with micro maps of rockbars, reefs and wrecks, landbased and boating hotspots, holes, launch sites, river crossings and other important fishing access points.
The book covers most of the mainland coast, and is particularly detailed in the remote north where locals call it ‘the bible’.
FISH FINDER has the information you need to catch one (or more!) of the dozens of $10,000 barramundi released each year for the NT’s Million Dollar Fish promotion.
The book also has information about many other lucrative fishing competitions.
As well as revealing spots in detail, FISH FINDER explains regional fishing conditions, including weather, tides and seasonal fishing.
FISH FINDER’s NT coverage includes special detail on the famous Roper, Mary and Daly Rivers, including hazardous rockbars.
For the NT mob, this new edition has charts of previously unrevealed Shady Camp snapper and jewfish reefs.
There is a superb bathymetric map of Darwin Harbour with a Lat-Long grid for taking GPS marks off any feature that looks fishy. Just about every patch of reef is revealed.
For Queenslanders, there is exclusive multi-page aerial low-tide photography on Ayr, Mackay and Townsville creeks and rivers.
Readers have a chance to win one of two fantastic Lowrance HDS9 units (NOTE: One has already been won).
FISH FINDER was the first Australian book to regularly incorporate exclusive micro charts of selected hotspots.
Some of the charted areas include:
* Nine Mile, Black Rock and other reefs near the QLD/NSW border
* Adelaide River rockbars, NT
* Daly River rockbars, NT
* Finniss River rockbars, NT
* Bass Reef, NT
* Bynoe Wide, NT
* Fog Bay Wide, NT
* Shady Camp freshwater rockbars and Shady Camp’s jewfish/goldie reefs, NT
* Adelaide River jewfish reef, NT
* Middle Arm, Darwin Harbour, NT
* Lee Point Artificial Reefs, NT
* Fenton Patches Artificial Reefs, NT
* Elizabeth River, Darwin Harbour, NT
* Yepoon region reefs, Qld
* Botany Bay and The Peak, NSW
There is great information for Cape York Peninsula, including …
* The best Lakefield National Park barramundi camps
* The ultra-remote Kirke and Love Rivers
* Fishing and camping around The Tip
* Cape York’s West Coast (Gulf of Carpentaria) remote community camps
The SEQ section is superb …
*Double-page spread on Jumpinpin, featuring a superb satellite image
*Double-page spread on Great Sandy Strait, featuring a superb satellite image
*Double-page spread on Fraser Island, featuring a superb satellite image
*Double-page spread on Moreton Bay, featuring a superb satellite image
*Maps of the major reefs wide of Tweed Heads, south to Black Rock
There’s a vast WA section, from Perth north to the NT border. Highlights include …
*Dampier Peninsula fishing camps near Broome
*Huge Pilbara and Kimberley coverage. See the shallow estuaries around Port Hedland and Karratha at low tide
*Almost all of the Kimberley coast is covered by satellite imagery
FISH FINDER TM includes the NSW coast from border to border, including …
* Superb aerial imagery of Port Hacking
* Exclusive charts of The Peak, Botany Bay, and Flint and Steel
* Superb aerial image of Lake Mulwala
* Aerial photos of most NSW coastal bar crossings
Plus Queensland, NT and NSW’s best stocked dams.
This exciting book has amazing aerial coverage, so you can see the layout of estuaries to assess potential fishing spots.
Published privately by former Sunday Territorian (Darwin) fishing editor Matt Flynn.